Increasing demand for improved quality and properties of soil stabilization additives is the key factor driving market revenue growth
Market Size - USD 27.66 Billion in 2021, Market Growth - at a CAGR of 4.8%, Market Trends - Increasing demand for other benefits of soil stabilization such as less need for dusting, controlled volume changes to soil, and improved workability
New York, September 29, 2022 - The global soil stabilization market size was USD 27.66 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Increasing demand for improved quality and properties of soil stabilization additives is the key factor driving market revenue growth. Performance of soils is improved by chemical additives used in soil stabilization because they increase strength, workability, and durability while reducing the possibility of shrinkage and swelling. In addition, new technologies such as enzymes and silanes are applied, to address problems of swelling and shrinkage, as well as enhance load-bearing capacity and compaction densities of poor soils. A key advantage of using chemical additives for soil stabilization is the capacity to use in-situ/locally available soils and aggregates. This facilitates efficient use of natural resources, since it requires less time and effort to transport high-quality materials from remote regions.
Increasing demand for chemicals used in soil stabilization techniques to enhance soil characteristics and create a better working surface for construction is another primary factor driving market revenue growth. The workability and load-bearing capability of soils can be enhanced by lime treatments. At construction sites and other locations, quicklime is widely used to dry moist soils, minimizing downtime and improve working surface. Any amount of clay in soil contains silica and alumina and lime raises pH level to make them soluble. Furthermore, when silica and alumina react with calcium from lime and water present in soil, it produces Calcium-Silicate-Hydrates (CSH) and Calcium-Aluminate-Hydrates (CAH).
To understand how our Soil Stabilization Market can bring difference to your business strategy:-Download Summary
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The polymer segment is expected to register a significant revenue share over the forecast period. Polymer soil stabilization is the process of adding polymers to soils to enhance its technical and physical characteristics. By interacting with clay, such as soil particles, polymers have tendency to strengthen the soil and increase soil's ability to retain water and shear strength.
- The mineral & stabilizing agent segment is expected to register a moderate revenue share over the forecast period. Mineral & stabilizing agents is further divided into lime, fly ash, and others. Lime soil stabilization is one of the most used techniques for preserving soil. This method of soil stabilization includes incorporating cement or lime into soil, to strengthen and prevent erosion. Depending on characteristics of local soil, different amounts of lime are put into the soil. Furthermore, amount of lime normally applied increases with plasticity, while lime and cement are combined since they are both used as binders.
- The industrial segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021 and it is further divided into roads, landfills land, and others. Pavement and road building is one of the most important applications for soil stabilization, which includes construction of highways, main thoroughfares, streets, parking lots, commercial storage facilities, airports, and others.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to register a moderate revenue growth rate over the forecast period. Rising infrastructure investments and expanding agricultural practices brought on by urbanization in emerging countries, such as India and China, are expected to fuel expansion of the market in this region. Furthermore, increasing preferences of manufacturers in the construction sector for soil stabilization machines is also driving revenue growth of the market in this region.
- Companies profiled in the market report are Caterpillar, AB Volvo, Wirtgen America, Inc., Carmeuse, Global Road Technology International Holdings (HK) Limited, Soilworks, LLC., Graymont Limited, SNF Group, Aggrebing, Inc., and Altacrete.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global soil stabilization market based on method, additives, application, and region:
Method Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Mechanical Method
- Chemical Method
Additives Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Mineral & Stabilizing Agents
- Other Additives
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA